July 8, 2020 2 min to read
10 things kids can learn playing escape room
Category : Lifestyle
Escape room games are the latest trend it seems. Some 10 years ago, you had a hard time finding one. Nowadays, it seems like they are everywhere.
In fact, there are more than 8,000 escape rooms worldwide. Everyone can play an escape room, and learn something while doing it. With that in mind, what are the 10 things kids can learn playing escape room games?
While some would say escape room games are not for children, you can easily modify the game to fit their age. Or find an escape room for kids.
Escape rooms boost engagement and problem-solving thinking in kids. The biggest challenge is to get them to use the tools to solve puzzles.
Kids and Escape Room, what you need to know?
As we mentioned, most escape room games you will find have lower age limit. And let’s be honest, you do not want your kid entering a bloody room. Most rooms require kids to be at least 12 years old to play alone.
Kids younger than that, need to be accompanied by an adult. Puzzles require a bit more brain and thinking, and that is where adults come in.
Another problem with kids in an escape room is that they are being locked in for one hour. That can be a scary and traumatic experience if they are not prepared.
With that in mind, here are a couple suggestions for how to make the escape room experience enjoyable for your kids.
- Make sure that the room is age appropriate for your id
- Choose an easier room that you can attempt with your kid together
- Allow your kids a chance to solve the puzzle
- Guide your kids in the right direction, and try to explain them the hints the game master gives you
- Let your kids soak in the experience, and enjoy the room
- Give kids roles to play, for example, assign a kid to check the bookcase for clues
- Be persistent in your directions and encouragement
- Keep the energy level high
- Be patient, do not expect kids to solve puzzles in minutes
- Last, but not least, celebrate the victory at every solved puzzle or task
What is a kid-friendly escape room?
A kid-friendly escape room is just what it sounds like. In other words, escape room where younger kids have fun and great time playing. Here are some tips for what to look:
- Thrilling storylines and intriguing puzzles
- Focus on stories about action and fantasy, not scarier stories
- Puzzles that leave kids hungry for the answer
- Ability to work together as a team to solve tasks
Why bring kids to an escape room?
We are now at the part of what are the 10 things kids can learn playing escape room. Or in other words, why you should take your kids to an escape room.
In an escape room, the goal is to work together and solve puzzles and finish tasks. Kids work together to accomplish a common goal. Kids can play together with other kids, or with their parents.
Either way, they have to work as a team, and develop teamwork skills. Kids are left to use each other their own skills, but work as a team towards the common goal…
Continue reading the article and learn more about escape rooms on Daisy Linden’s blog.