Facts about London
- According to information provided by Transport for London (TFL) the following items were mislaid on the Tube in December 2016: 3081 debit & credit cards, 2530 travelcard wallets, 1473 mobile phones, 1356 backpacks, 1176 hats, 827 scarves, 821 pairs of gloves, 760 sunglasses, 681 sets of keys.
– Greater London: 8,673,713 (2015)
– Urban: 9,787,426
– Metro: 13,879,757
How big is London
– Greater London: 1,572 km2 (607 sq mi)
– Urban: 1,737.9 km2 (671.0 sq mi)
– Metro: 8,382 km2 (3,236 sq mi)
– 51°30′26″N 0°7′39″W
Facts about Singapore
Fun facts about Singapore
– Total: 5,610,000 (2015)
How big is Singapore
– Total: 719.1 km2 (278 sq mi)
– 1°17′N 103°50′E
Facts about Barcelona
Fun facts about Barcelona
– City: 1,604,555 (2015)
– Urban: 4,740,000
– Metro: 5,375,800
How big is Barcelona
– City: 101.4 km2 (39.2 sq mi)
– 41°23′N 2°11′E
Facts about Paris
- Did you know that all the trees in Paris are referenced and measured? And they are a lot, there are more than 470,000 in the capital.
- There are more than 9,000 open terraces (of a bar, cafe or restaurant) in Paris. Imagine you would visit a different one each day. It would take you more than 24 years to complete this challenge.
- There are a little more than 6,100 streets in Paris.
- The shortest street in Paris is just 5.75 metres long. In fact this street is only a staircase, used by pedestrians. Its name is Rue des Degres and you’ll find it in the 2nd arondissement.
- There are 1,784 bakeries in Paris but only 1124 bars in the city.
Fun facts about Paris
- Did you know there is only one Stop sign in Paris? You can find it in the 16th arrondissement. There is a reason for missing stop signs: the traffic system in Paris is mainly based on giving way to vehicles coming from the right.
– City: 2,229,621 (Jan 2013)
– Urban: 10,601,122
– Metro: 12,405,426
How big is Paris
– City: 105.4 km2 (40.7 sq mi)
– Urban: 2,844.8 km2 (1,098.4 sq mi)
– Metro: 17,174.4 km2 (6,631.1 sq mi)
– 48°51′24″N 2°21′03″E
Facts about Athens
Fun facts about Athens
– Municipality: 664,000 (2011)
– Urban: 3,090,000
– Metro: 3,753,800
How big is Athens
– Municipality: 38.9 km2 (15.04 sq mi)
– Urban: 412 km2 (159 sq mi)
– Metro: 2,928.7 km2 (1,130.8 sq mi)
– 37°58′N 23°43′E
Facts about Dubai
Fun facts about Dubai
– Metropolis: 2,643,410 (2016)
How big is Dubai
– Metropolis: 4,114 km2 (1,588 sq mi)
– 24°57′N 55°20′E
Facts about Las Vegas
- Did you know more than 41 million people visit Las Vegas each year?
- The nowadays price for an acre of prime land on The Strip is about $3-6 million.
- Did you know the famous Las Vegas Strip is not located within the city limits of Las Vegas? The Strip actually comes under the jurisdiction of Clark County.
- The Bronze lion you can see outside of the MGM Grand Hotel weighs 50 tons. This makes it the largest bronze sculpture in the USA.
- The white circles around the letters of the word “welcome on the Las Vegas sign come from the silver dollars. The Nevada state is known as The Silver State.
- When it first opened in 2005, the Wynn Las Vegas was the most expensive hotel and casino in the world.
- With its 5,044 rooms, MGM Grand Hotel & Casino is the largest hotel in the USA and the 2nd largest in the world, by number of rooms.
- Downtown’s Golden Gate is the oldest continuously operating hotel and casino in Las Vegas; it opened in 1906 as Hotel Nevada.
- With over 300 weddings per day, Las Vegas stands as the top wedding destination in the USA.
- 71% of people coming to Las Vegas gamble during their visit.
- The tallest freestanding observation tower in USA is located in Las Vegas: the Stratosphere at 1,149 feet height.
- Las Vegas does have a “Black Book”, containing the list of people who are banned from setting foot in any casino in the city.
- Did you knwo there are about 15,000 miles of neon tubing in The Strip and downtown Las Vegas?
- Music legend Elvis Presley performed 837 consecutive sold out shows at the Las Vegas Hilton (now known as LVH–Las Vegas Hotel and Casino).
- Some of the fountains and man-made lakes in Las Vegas are filled with recycled water, as fresh water is so precious in this city located in the middle of a desert.
- The electric bill for the Luxor pyramid’s shining light is $51 per hour.
- The Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas has more rooms (3,950) than the population of the Bellagio municipality in Lombardy, Italia (3,820 according to 2013 census).
- You probably remember Martin Scorcese’s film “Casino”. The Tangiers Casino never existed but the action took place in a real casino – Stardust.
- The Silver Slipper was the first casino to hire female card dealers on The Strip.
- There are more than 150 casinos and at least 150,000 hotel/motel rooms in the Las Vegas valley area.
- More than 22,000 conventions are held in Las Vegas every year.
- There are so many Hawaiians living in Las Vegas some call Vegas as Hawaii’s 9th island.
Fun facts about Las Vegas
- The biggest win in Las Vegas jackpots was $39 million. It happened in 2003 when a 25 years old software engineer from Los Angeles won this amount after putting in $100 in the Megabucks slot machine at the Excalibur.
- The Flamingo casino got its name after the nickname of Bugsy Siegel’s girlfriend Virginia Hill – Flamingo – due to her long, skinny legs.
- If you get tired of gambling, you can have some fun outside, on a heavy equipment playground where you can drive bulldozers.
- In Las Vegas the daily shrimp consumption of 60,000 pounds is higher than the rest of the nation combined.
- You’ll never find rounded corners dice in Las Vegas casinos.
- Only 30 min away from Las Vegas is Boulder City where gambling is prohibited.
Las Vegas facts
Las Vegas population
– City: 583,756 (2010)
– Urban: 1,314,356
– Metro: 1,951,269
How big is Las Vegas
– City: 352 km2 (135.8 sq mi)
Las Vegas coordinates
– 36°10′30″N 115°08′11″W
Facts about Tokyo
Fun facts about Tokyo
– Metropolis: 13,617,445 (Jul 2016)
– Metro: 37,800,000
How big is Tokyo
– Metropolis: 2,187.66 km2 (844.66 sq mi)
– Metro: 13,572 km2 (5,240 sq mi)
– 35°41′N 139°41′E
Facts about Madrid
Fun facts about Madrid
– Municipality: 3,141,991 (2014)
– Urban: 6,183,000
– Metro: 6,489,162
How big is Madrid
– Municipality: 604.3 km2 (233.3 sq mi)
– 40°23′N 3°43′W
Facts about Rome
Fun facts about Rome
– City: 4,321,244 (2014)
How big is Rome
– City: 1,285 km2 (496.3 sq mi)
– 41°54′N 12°30′E